Wednesday, June 12, 2013

UPLIFTING REPORT ON TESTS!

      Today I saw my doctor and got the results of my PET scan (Positron Emission Tomography). I have been claiming the promise from Matthew 16:19 that says whatever we bind on earth will be bound in heaven and whatever we loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. I constantly bind ill health and cancer and loose good health in my body. As stated in my previous blog, I have been exercising more and after just eight days, I could tell a difference in my endurance and my shortness of breath (SOB). I have been monitoring my arterial blood oxygen level daily. It was in the lower ranges of normal, 90 to 93, and it used to register between 97 and 98. With my new exercise commitment, it has risen to 94 – 97!
       When writing the previous blog, I realized that I have been panicking whenever the doctor ordered a test. I had been listening to Fear and Doubt (perfect names for characters in an allegory). I realized that you can’t cram prayer in the day before a test, like I used to do in high school and college before an academic exam.  There is no need! People all over the world have been praying for my healing for years! To quote Alfred E. Newman, the fictional character from Mad Magazine, “What me worry?” Now that is straight out of the Bible, Luke 12:22-31. Jesus tells us that God knows our needs and will provide for them - ALL OF THEM. I especially love verse 27, “Consider the lilies, how they grow. They neither toil nor spin; yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not clothed like one of these.”  I am reminded of this passage every time I look in my garden. I have so many lilies that grow so tall and lush! And I have a sculpture of a fairy sleeping in the lilies, so calm and peaceful because she, like me and Alfred E. Newman, has nothing to worry about!
       There is another very powerful verse that really explains the PET scan and the blood tests. I have been reciting it and claiming its truth all these years. Isaiah 54:17 says “No weapon formed against you shall prosper.” It was explained to me that the weapon may form but it won’t prosper. That is exactly what is happening in my body! The CEA blood test (Carcinoembryonic Antigen Test) measures proteins that cancer cells produce. The ALP blood test (Alkaline Phosphatase) measures enzymes that are produced by cancer spreading, or metastasizing, to the liver and bones.
The doctor said the PET scan looks good! No new tumor growth anywhere in the body!!! Not in the lungs, nor in the lymph nodes between the lungs and the heart, nor in any major organs! The report actually says, “The abdomen, pelvis, skeleton, and BRAIN ARE UNREMARKABLE! Well, how about that? Now a medically documented diagnostic test says my brain is unremarkable!* It did find a questionable area measuring four centimeters in the left lung, but could not tell if it was inflammation or malignant. The ALP blood test is stable at 146, but the CEA did rise again to 30.9. The doctor will check that again in 3 weeks. If it still rises, he may consider a medication change. But he was very pleased that of the three tests, two are stable! That is a good sign! This means that the promise of Isaiah 54:17 is working! A weapon has formed inside my body – cancer cells, future malignant tumors – but they are not prospering! Those cancer cells must be so frustrated, traveling around in my bloodstream, trying to infiltrate and travel through the lymphatic system, invading major organs! God and I have bound them! Yea, God! Enjoy the pictures of my lilies and remember the promises they represent!
And now I’ll close with one of my favorite Bible verses, Psalm 118:17. “I shall not die but live and declare the works of the Lord.”

*(Al had a brain scan in 2004 that showed his brain to be NORMAL! All our friends think they must have read that test wrong! Ha-ha! Just joking, Honey! You know I love you!)

  Spider lilies with sleeping fairy; the plant in the middle is a miniature peace lily.
 
Close up of peacefully sleeping fairy
 
My first orange lily of the season! Last year I had only one bloom. I’ve already had 3 this year!
 
Overview of the side garden showing all 4 stands of spider lilies, the white penta, and the bougainvillea. Most of these plants were given to me, so I am reminded of my prayer partners when I see them!

Large peace lily in Greenscape area. It has been resurrected from the winter cold, just like God resurrected my lungs and body from the “C-disease”. Like the side garden, most of these plants were given to me.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! God is so good and faithful when we claim and believe His promises!!

    ReplyDelete