Tuesday, August 10, 2010




On 7/15/2010 I posted pictures of new sculptures and the Ribbon of Hope was one of them. I ended with this footnote: “Hope that mankind can one day solve the problem, like find a cure for cancer; I will elaborate on this in a later update.” Now it is time for the elaboration. The reason it has taken so long is that I had some research to do.

This entry is entitled “The Ribbon of Faith, Belief, and God’s Truth.” I always listen to a CD of healing scriptures when I receive my chemotherapy treatments. During my third treatment on 7/22/2010, the Lord revealed something very important. NO WHERE IN ANY OF THESE HEALING SCRIPTURES DOES HE USE THE WORD “HOPE”, NEITHER AS NOUN NOR VERB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE USES THE NOUNS,VERBS “FAITH, HAVE FAITH; BELIEF, BELIEVE; TRUST,TRUST; TRUTH, KNOW GOD’S TRUTH”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have researched 3 healing scripture CDs, read 1 package of healing scripture cards, one package of God’s Promises, and one book, 365 Days of Healing. God does not instruct us to hope for healing. Hope implies something indefinite, like an idea. You may or may not get something tangible if you only hope for it. God instructs us to believe, have faith, trust Him, and know His truth, all very definite words. In Hebrews 11:1, hope is used in the definition of faith. It says, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” But faith turns hope into a substance. A substance is something real, a piece of matter made up of molecules and atoms, occupying space, and able to be explored by the senses (touched, seen, heard, smelled, tasted). Like, for example, new healthy lung tissue.

See how different these healing scriptures sound using the word “hope” instead of “faith” and “believe.”

Mark 11:24 – “What things soever you desire, when you pray, hope that you receive them and maybe you will receive them and maybe you won’t receive them.” Much less powerful than the original version, “What things soever you desire, when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you shall have them.”

Isaiah 53:5 – “Hopefully by his stripes we may or may not be healed” again does not have the power of “By his stripes we are healed.”

Isaiah 54:17 - “Hopefully no weapon formed against you will prosper: maybe it will and maybe it won’t” versus simply “No weapon formed against you shall prosper.”

Hebrews 11:11 – “Through hope also I may or may not receive strength to be healed and may or may not be restored to complete health and wholeness, because I judge Him hopeful who promised.” The faith version is definite. “Through faith also I receive strength to be healed and am restored to complete health and wholeness, because I judge Him faithful who promised.”

Finally, I love the story of the healing of the woman who had the issue of blood for 12 years in Mark 5:27-34. Jesus was walking through a great multitude of people who had heard about his healing powers. They were all reaching out to touch him. The woman said, “If I just touch his garments, I shall get well.” She touched his garment and the blood dried up. Jesus immediately felt the healing power go out of Him and asked, “Who touched my garments?” And I love the response of the disciples, “Master, the whole multitude is reaching out to touch you! What do you mean ‘who’?” Yet most of the people in the multitude were just hoping for a cure; Jesus felt no healing power leave Him until the woman who had faith and belief touched Him. Jesus then said to her, “Your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your affliction.”

So the moral of the story is that I had to change the name of my Ribbon Sculpture to the Ribbon of Faith, Belief, and God’s Truth. And I must be very definite when I pray to God for something!

These blooms in the pictures show blooms that I did not expect to get from my garden so soon. The one with the purple flowers is called a Mexican petunia or a Philipino violet. Each day it blooms, and then all the blooms drop off, and the next day it has another batch of blooms. I have 4 of these plants now and I love to go outside first thing in the morning to see how many blooms they have for me! I have never had more than 7 blooms. Today I was pleasantly surprised with 13 blooms on one plant!!!!!! Gorgeous!!!!!! And look at the 4 o’clocks blooming in the cracks of my sidewalk!!!!!!!!!!!!
I remember when they were tiny and Al told me to pull them up, but I said, “No, all life is sacred to me now.” I have never seen 4 o’clocks bloom when they were this small!!!!! This is definitely God at work in my garden, and He is doing the same work in my body!!!!!!!!! Thank you God, for the beautiful flowers that only You can create, and for the healing in me that only You can do!!!

1 comment: