Monday, July 26, 2010

Cancer Update
















5/9/10

God is speaking to me through my garden. I can’t wait to get home to it. I get home from work around 4:00 pm and it’s shady with a nice breeze out there. the attachment shows pictures with explanations. The attachment shows pictures of my garden. These are some of the things I have in my garden and what they mean to me.

Near the door is a Celtic bench, the style picked out by my daughter. There are turtles on either side of the bench, given to my by my sister Christine. I also have boy and girl sculptures on the porch that represent my daughter and her friends growing up, and also the physically and mentally challenged children I work with. The fairies and leaping frogs represent my whimsical nature, and always seeing the world through the eyes of a child, with a freshness of appreciation - never boring!
Sitting on the bench looking towards the back and towards the street, I have Fairy sculptures, little animals, a purple lantana, blue salvia, and ivy growing on the ground. The ivy was given to us in a planter by good friends on our 29th wedding anniversary. That is red salvia in the blue pots. Blue is a Celtic color. The Celts used to paint themselves blue whenever they went into battle – women as well as men. Note the Celtic art on the side of the planter (see note below about Celtic art).

Along the side yard I have a Celtic cross, fairies, and a trinity knot. The Celtic trinity knot is filled with smooth black river rock.
Remember that the trinity knot stands for the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. It also represents eternity because you can draw it by making 3 arcs and never lifting your pencil off the paper. All Celtic art is like that, no matter how intricate it is. Eternity reminds me of the verse in Hebrews that says “God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” He has healed me many times in the past, sometimes miraculously – even amazing the doctors - and He will heal me today and keep me healthy for all of my tomorrows, too. Today, by the way, is Mother’s Day. My daughter and her fiancé gave me a beautiful card that brought tears to my eyes, a new turquoise shirt and a pair of blue jeans, which I can wear while working in the garden. Then Al took us out to eat. I’m so glad I can claim God’s healing promises and that I will be around for 20-30 more Mother’s Day celebrations!

Well, that is all for now. Thanks for allowing me to share. I’ll be sending more pictures and sharing more thoughts later.

No comments:

Post a Comment